Be sure to check out the Rosemary Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe HERE.
Notice the tip on this one about using frozen veggies if you want to avoid all the blanching. Personally, that would be my pick!Print
Winter Vegetable Salad With Balsamic Dressing
Delicious Winter Salad w Simple Homemade Dressing
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1/2 pound of carrots
- 1 large red onion sliced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 cup of Rosemary Balsamic Vinaigrette (find recipe on cancerdietitian.com)
- Place sliced red onion and diced bell pepper into large mixing bowl.
- Cut broccoli and cauliflower into florets & place in individual bowls.
- Peel & slice carrots, add to cauliflower bowl.
- Peel fibrous skin from broccoli stems, chop, & add to large mixing bowl with the onions & bell pepper.
- Blanche cauliflower & carrots in salted water for 1 minute. Add broccoli to cauliflower & carrots at 1 minute mark. Blanch combo for an 1 minute. Then, place in ice bath, drain, and add to mixing bowl.
- Toss with Rosemary vinaigrette & season with salt & pepper to taste. Can be served immediately, but flavor blend better if refrigerated overnight.
**TIP** In the interest of saving time and labor, frozen vegetables can be substituted for fresh raw veggies. Simply allow to thaw and skip the blanching and shocking portion of recipe.