This recipe I threw together last night after getting mint and strawberries in my farm box. I was inspired by the recipe I found here, but I wanted less added sugars, so I ended up making a lot of alterations and it was delicious! My 5 year old loved it too. 🙂Print
Minty Strawberry Lemonade Recipe! Aka ‘Smoothie-ade’
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: ~4 cups
- Category: Beverage
- 1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries (cleaned and cut)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple (cleaned and cut)
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup simple syrup (make by dissolving sugar in hot water at a one to one ratio. I dissolved 1/2 cup sugar in 1/2 cup boiling water and had plenty of leftovers after making this recipe)
- Blend the strawberries, pineapple and mint leaves. Then mix/stir in the lemon juice and simple syrup. Serve over ice!
Sounds yummy – but isn’t she 5 and 1/2??
Julie Lanford MPH, RD, CSO, LDN says