Banana Ginger Coconut Ice Cream
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced (or ½ tsp ground ginger)
- 4 Tbsp coconut milk, chilled
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Place frozen banana pieces, ginger, and honey in food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add coconut milk and blend until desired texture achieved. Ice cream can be served immediately for soft serve or freeze four hours for scoopable texture.
I finally made this for the first time, after carrying around the recipe for awhile after first seeing here. It was delicious and pretty darn easy. Now I just have to figure out what other recipe to make right afterward, since the can of coconut milk is open!
Julie Lanford MPH, RD, CSO, LDN says
Yah!! Coconut milk is great to add to curry dishes. And Chef Malena shared a vegan pumpkin pie, I think you can use it in there too. 🙂 julie