Black Bean Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
- Category: Vegetarian
- 1 can black beans
- 1 medium zucchini (shredded)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. onion powder (or any seasoning blend to suit your taste!)
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ⅛ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Mash the black beans, zucchini, and carrots with a potato masher in a bowl.
- Add Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, ground flax, and cilantro to black bean mixture. Stir to combine.
- Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes to allow the ground flax to thicken the mixture.
- Form into small patties using an ice cream scoop or your hands and flatten into rounds.
- Turn your stove top to medium heat and spray a frying pan with your favorite cooking oil.
- Place burgers into the pan and cook on each side until crisp and golden brown.
This recipe goes great with this Tzatziki Sauce!