Summer Vegetable Pasta
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 cup green beans (trimmed and snapped in half)
- 1 medium zucchini (diced)
- 1 medium squash (diced)
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 2 Tbsp Kosher salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced thin
- 4 Roma tomatoes (diced)
- ½ chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- ¼ cup fresh herbs (or 2 Tbsp of dried herbs – such as oregano, basil, and or parsley)
- 1 lb dry pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional- parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes for serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Bring 4 quarts of water to boil and add 2 tbsp of Kosher salt. Add the green beans. After 30 seconds, add the zucchini and squash. After 30 seconds, add the peas and continue to cook for 30 more seconds. Drain blanched vegetables and shock in ice water. Drain and set to side.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil and sautee mushrooms until brown. Add tomatoes and garlic. Continue to cook for five more minutes over medium heat. Add chicken broth and blanched vegetables. Simmer until broth has slightly reduced. Add herbs and toss with pasta.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.