2-ingredient Biscuits with Sweet Potato Butter and Blueberry Compote
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Optional: pinch of sugar or pinch of salt
Blueberry Compote Ingredients
- 1 lb frozen blueberries
- 2 TB honey
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
Sweet Potato Butter Ingredients
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, boiled and mashed (skin on)
- ¼ cup honey
- Pinch of cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Add the whipping cream and flour into a bowl and mix with your hands until the flour is incorporated.
- Turn dough onto floured surface and gently knead, forming the dough into a flat circle about ½ inch thick.
- Cut the dough into rounds using the mouth of a mason jar, starting at the outer edge of the dough and working your way toward the center.
- Place biscuits on greased baking sheet, allowing the biscuits to touch each other on the baking sheet. This allows for more moist biscuits.
- Bake biscuits for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
For Blueberry Compote:
- Combine blueberries, honey, lime juice and lime zest into a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, until compote coats the back of a spoon.
- Transfer compote into bowl and serve.
For Sweet Potato Butter:
- Add sweet potatoes and honey in a saucepan on medium heat and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add cinnamon and vanilla.
- Transfer into bowl and serve.