- 4 cups canned chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil (add ½ – 1 more tsp as needed, to taste)
- ½ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper (to taste)
- Pita cut into triangles and toasted, sliced apples, or celery for serving
- Add chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, sesame seed oil, salt and pepper to a food processor or blender.
- Turn on food processor or blender and slowly drizzle in olive oil. Add more oil as necessary to get a smooth, creamy texture.
- Pour hummus into a bowl and serve with pita triangles, apples, or celery.