Sauteed Asparagus with Apples
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 large apples
- 1 bunch of asparagus (woody part cut off and then cut into halves)
- 1 TB olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1–2 TB sesame seeds
- ¼ cup water
- Place saute pan on burner on medium-high heat. Add olive oil and onions. Saute onions until they become lightly browned or caramelized.
- Add apples, asparagus, salt, pepper, and enough water to deglaze the pan. Cover pan for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Spoon asparagus mixture into a serving bowl and garnish with sesame seeds.