Super delicious french toast and a great instruction for making compote! For other compote intstructions, you can check out the following:
- 2-ingredient Biscuits with Sweet Potato Butter and Blueberry Compote
- Berry Compote: A Cancer Fighting Topping for Your Pancakes!
- Two-Ingredient Preserves Recipe
The one from this recipe here is really really delicious! I like that it uses dried fruit and is relatively quick to make.
The leftover compote would be great added to yogurt or oatmeal!Print
Banana Coconut French Toast with Fruit Compote Recipe from Chef Malena
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
For French Toast:
- 8 pieces of firm, whole wheat bread
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup dried apricots (chopped)
- 2 bananas (sliced)
- 2 apples (cored and diced)
- 2 large naval oranges
- ½ c craisins
- 1 c water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- With vegetable peeler, remove three strips of peel from oranges and squeeze juice from both oranges into saucepan.
- To the saucepan, add the orange peel and remaining ingredients for compote.
- Bring to simmer and allow to cook for about 20 minutes.
- Discard cinnamon stick and cloves before serving.
- Combine the coconut milk, banana and cinnamon with a fork or by using blender.
- Heat pan over medium heat with choice of butter or oil.
- Coat bread in coconut milk banana mixture and allow to cook in pan until golden brown on each side, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with spiced fruit compote.