This recipe from Chef Don at The Stocked Pot is delicious! Multiple chefs have told me not to waste my money on grocery store salad dressings. It’s so EASY, cheap and nutritious to just do your own at home. This is about as simple as it gets.
Don’t have an orange or lemon? Just use the equivalent amount of OJ and lemon juice.
- 1 orange = 1/4 cup OJ
- 1 lemon = 2 Tbsp lemon juice
The zest adds a lot of great flavor and plant nutrients to boot, but if you don’t use it, no problem. My other shortcut? I don’t “whisk”. I pour ingredients in a mason jar or salad dressing container and shake the heck out of it. Done!
Hope you enjoy,
Citrus Vinaigrette Recipe from Chef Don McMillan
- Category: Salad Dressing
- 1 orange zested and juiced (or 1/4 cup OJ)
- 1 lemon zested and juiced (or 2 Tbsp lemon juice)
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- Blend the ingredients in a non-reactive bowl with a whisk
- Place unused vinaigrette in a glass jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.