I make this this recipe with my groups all the time. For those who want some inspiration for their mornings, or an evening dessert – I promise it’s DELICIOUS!
And yes, it’s just as delicious or maybe even MORE delicious with the spinach in it. Many people tell me that they like the spinach version better. Decide for yourself!
- Use milk with protein in it. Cow’s milk (Fairlife is the brand I use in the video, it has extra protein and lactose free), or soymilk (8g protein per cup) is what I recommend. Read more here as to why I don’t typically rec almond milk.
- Peanut butter should be peanuts, salt. I don’t have a fav brand, I usually buy the store brand of wherever I am. Just read the ingredient list and only buy brands that have peanuts, salt. For more, check out my article on What Peanut Butter to Buy.
- Spinach – use fresh or frozen. I find frozen to be more convenient and it also adds more cold, icy flavor to the smoothie.
- Banana – wait till they get brown on the counter, then wait one more day, then put them in the freezer! Use them straight from the freezer.
- Cocoa powder – I promise that Hershey’s Special Dark is the best chocolatey flavor. So good!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie Recipe. YUM!
Best Smoothie Ever!
- Category: Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup spinach (fresh or frozen)
Want to minimize your dishes? Here’s my tip:
- Pour milk in blender container and use the container’s measuring marks
- Put banana and spinach in with the milk
- Use a large spoon (tablespoon size) to measure out the cocoa powder and PB. Fill the large spoon not quite full of cocoa powder and put in with the milk, then use it in the PB to get 2 spoonfulls
- Blend and drink out of the blender, if it’s a small one.
In this case you only get the blender and ONE SPOON dirty!
You’re welcome. : – )