Here’s another one of my recipes from my Cook to Thrive! Cooking class with the theme of Salads: More Than Just Lettuce! I showed participants how to make 4 different salads and make them ahead in a jar so that they can eat them for lunch, or dinner, on multiple days. Great for bringing to work or having ready for when you get home!
If you’re not familiar with the “salad in a jar” concept, check out my blog post here: Salad in a Jar Recipe Ideas
I hope you enjoy!
Greek Chickpea Salad in a Jar RecipePrint
Greek Chickpea Salad in a Jar
- Category: Salad
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic = 2 cloves
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground dried oregano
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
For the Salad:
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 ounces Kalamata olives
- 2 oz feta, crumbled
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- Chop all salad ingredients and set aside.
- Add all ingredients for dressing into a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Divide ingredients evenly into 4 32-ounce sized glass jars, layering in order: First add dressing to the bottom of the jar, then cucumber, tomato, garbanzo beans, red onion, Kalamata olives, romaine lettuce, and feta cheese.
- Place lids on jars and store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
- When ready to eat, pour contents of jar onto a plate or into a bowl and serve.
Be sure to check out the others here: