Thai Chicken Quinoa Salad in a Jar Recipe!
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 16 oz boneless and skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced ginger root
- 0.25 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp water
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 bag shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 mango (cut into Pieces)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 oz cashews, roasted & unsalted
- Add chicken and seasonings to bag and marinate for 1 hour, or overnight. Cook chicken in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes (or until done), turning over once, then let cool and cut.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, and allow to cool.
- Add all dressing ingredients into a bowl and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Chop remaining salad ingredients and set aside.
- Divide ingredients into 4 32-ounce sized glass jars, layering in order: First add dressing to the bottom of the jar, then red bell pepper, carrots, green onions, quinoa, chicken, mango, romaine lettuce, cilantro, and cashews. Place lids on jars and store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
- When ready to eat, pour contents of jar onto a plate or into a bowl and serve.