I named this “med – south” caviar because when I was teaching a class on the Mediterranean diet, I felt like this southern recipe I make actually fit with the guidelines of the Med diet. So I called it Med-South! : – )
- 3 Roma tomatoes seeds removed, diced
- 2 ripe avocados diced
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- 1- 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1- 15 oz can black eyed peas rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups frozen sweet corn thawed
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seed removed, diced
- ½ cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Dice vegetables.
- Combine tomatoes, advocados, black beans, black eyed peas, corn, jalapeño, bell peppers, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Mix together olive oil, lime juice, red wine vinegar, sugar, and garlic powder or garlic into a dressing.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and stir.