Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Honey Garlic Sauce RecipePrint
Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Honey Garlic Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Season all sides of the pork tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in the Instant Pot on sauté mode. Place the pork in the pot and brown 2-3 minutes per side. Remove pork to a clean plate and turn off the Instant Pot.
- Pour in the ½ cup water and use a spatula to scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot.
- Add the soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger to the Instant Pot. Place the pork back in the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and turn the steam release valve to the sealing position.
- Cook at high pressure on the Manual/Pressure Cook setting for 4 minutes. When the cook time ends allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes by leaving the Instant Pot alone. (Do not skip the 10 minute natural release, as the pork will continue to cook during this time.) Then carefully turn the steam release valve to the venting position to release any remaining steam and pressure (there may be none). Make sure that the float valve has dropped down and open the Instant Pot lid.
- Check that the internal temperature of the thickest part of the pork has reached at least 145 degrees F. If not, you can cook the pork for a few more minutes on sauté mode.
- Remove the pork to a clean plate or cutting board.
- In a small bowl, stir together the 2 teaspoons cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water. Stir the mixture into the sauce in the Instant Pot. Cook on sauté mode, stirring, until the sauce has thickened, 2-3 minutes. Turn off the Instant Pot and remove the inner pot to stop the cooking process.
- Slice and serve with sauce.