A Comfort Food Recipe!Print
Carrot Mac and Cheese
- ½ stick butter
- 3 cups carrots (cooked and mashed)
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 8 oz. grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni noodles according to the package’s directions.
- Meanwhile, add butter, carrots, milk, salt and pepper to a saucepan on medium heat. Allow mixture to thicken enough to coat the back of spoon.
- Mix cheese into carrot mixture and stir until melted.
- Add cooked macaroni noodles to the carrot mixture and stir until noodles are coated with sauce. Serve.
You can substitute canned carrots or fresh or canned sweet potatoes or any winter squash for the carrots. Get creative!