We had a great session last night, with guest Dietitian, Jane Anderson Weiss, as she shared with us how to get started with Mindful Eating.
We covered the following topics:
- What are the benefits of mindful eating?
- How is mindful eating part of mindfulness?
- What is mindful eating?
- 5 Tips for eating mindfully
- Raisin meditation
Here’s the recording:
Two resources that Jane shared are:
- Hunger/Fullness “satiety” scale
- Sometimes, patients say they can’t stop eating and believe it has nothing to do with mood or coping. Here are other possible issues to explore.
The following website articles are ones that Jane recommends for better understanding regarding mindful eating:
I hope it’s helpful! Let me know if you have any questions!
PS – I have 2 more webinars on the books for this spring. Save the dates!
- March 10th @ 7:30pm – Gut Health: Nutrition for a Healthy Colon. REGISTER HERE!
- April 21st @ 7:30pm – Is My Food Safe? Can I trust that the food on the grocery store shelf is not going to harm me? (Registration for April webinar is not open yet).
Connie Simon says
I have been absent for 6 weeks as it was over the holidays and I was put back on treatment and been getting things adjust around that, always a challenge but I am now back among the living and life I’ll move on!!! This med is a BKI and I will remain on it as long as it is working…on this med coffee is my friend!!! It is Calquence for my CLL. I am doing GREAT!
Julie Lanford MPH, RD, CSO, LDN says
Hi Connie!! Glad to hear you made it through those challenges and starting to feel more normal again!! Coffee is my friend too 😉