Welcome to the Pink Broomstick® Nutrition page!
Pink Broomstick® is a program at Cancer Services, Inc., located in Winston Salem, NC. We work with the treatment centers at Novant Health and Wake Forest Baptist Health. We are here to answer any questions you may have about support or healthy living after a diagnosis of breast cancer.
For more information on the Pink Broomstick® Program and other services offered by Cancer Services, click here.
Some general recommendations for nutrition during and after treatment are:
- 4-5 cups of fruits and vegetables every day
- 3 cups of 100% whole grains
- 30-45 grams of fiber every day
- 15-20 grams of protein at meals
- 6-10 grams of protein at snacks
- Choose plant proteins often
- 8 cups of fluids through water, unsweetened tea, and unsweetened coffee
- 1-2 tbsp. of seeds
- Add flavor with spices and herbs
Click here for a printable version of our Pink Broomstick Nutrition Wellness Tips for what to eat during and after treatment.
Click here for a printable version of Pink Broomstick Nutrition Treatment Tips, including protein sources, what to eat the day of chemo, and how to deal with side effects.
Click here for a list of the Foods that Fight Cancer™.
Thank you for visiting us, and feel free to reach out if you have any questions!