Thanks to everyone who filled out our survey. I received many wonderful and encouraging comments and lots of ideas for future posts. Thank You!! The most encouraging part is that 84% of people said they made changes in their lifestyle as a result of reading the articles. Yah!
Easy to Please Dinner!
I went to share this recipe with my neighbor this week and could not believe that I haven’t shared it will all my readers yet!
Today’s recipe is a family favorite. It is sure to please people with all kinds of likes and dislikes. You can make it vegetarian, vegan, meatatarian or any other combination. And since the eater gets to make it “their way”, you don’t have to worry about people picking things out!!
Lucky for you, the recipe is also healthy for you- lots of phytochemicals in the vegetables, whole grains and nuts.
Recipe of the Week: Texas 9
Easy Texas Recipe
- Corn chips
- Brown rice
- Chili (we use vegetarian/vegan chili)
- 2 % shredded cheddar cheese
- Green olives (pre-sliced)
- Dice tomatoes and onions
- Wash and tear lettuce
- Cook rice
- Heat chili
- Chop peanuts
- Have people layer their Texas 9 in the following order (omitting any ingredients they don’t want):
- Chips, Rice, Chili, Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Green Olives, Peanuts.
- Enjoy with a spoon or fork! The nice thing is that you can use the leftover chili to have over potatoes another night!
Try it this weekend!