Chicken and Stir Fry Asian Vegetables Recipe from Chef Don McMillan
- Cuisine: Asian
- 2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 lb. boneless chicken cut into fork size strips
- 1 carrot (peeled and cut into strips)
- 1 medium onion (cut into julienne strips)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas (strings removed)
- 1 1/2 cup red bell peppers (cut into julienne strips)
- 3 whole green onions (chopped)
- 2 tsp. dark sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. salad oil
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger (grated)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic (pressed)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- Combine first 3 ingredients into a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine the 2 oils.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1/2 the oil in a wok or large saute pan over high heat. Add ginger, salt and garlic and stir fry for 30seconds.
- Add bell pepper, carrots and onions and stir fry for 3 minutes, set aside.
- Add the remainder of the oil and saute the chicken until meat is firm and the color changes to white.
- Add hoisin sauce mixture and stir fry 1 – 2 minutes or until thick.
- Add vegetables and cook until they are crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat and top with cilantro and green onions.