Chef Don’s Salmon Coulibiac Recipe
Salmon Coulibiac Recipe from Chef Don
- Category: Entree
- 2 eggs (hard boiled, peeled, chopped)
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 large salmon fillets (skin removed, cut into serving portions, about 6 oz.)
- 4 sheets of puff pastry dough thawed
- 2 shallots diced
- 2 Tbsp drained capers
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- Egg wash (1 egg beaten with 2 Tbsp water)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut rectangles from each pastry sheet, to accommodate each filet, dough should be double the width of each portion. Place a piece of salmon on one side of each pastry rectangle. Combine the green shallot, capers and dill in a small bowl. Sprinkle the salmon evenly with the shallot mixture and top with some of the chopped hard boiled eggs, then season with salt and pepper.
- Bring edges of pastry together to enclose filling and pinch to seal. Brush some egg wash over each wrapped salmon packet. Place on a parchment lined baking tray. Bake on top shelf of oven for 15-18 minutes or until golden
Here’s the after picture of the salmon “pockets.” They tasted even better than they look!