Garlic & Chive Mashed Potatoes with SKIN ON for extra nutrition!
This recipe really is from my Aunt Donna! I changed it a little bit, just adding extra garlic and extra chives and I do like to leave the skin on my potatoes, people seem to like them just as well that way. You will need to make sure to scrub them really well with a vegetable brush and cut off any bad spots before cooking them.
The other change I made was to use Greek cream cheese, because it increases the protein and decreases the fat but has the same creamy, delicious flavor.
Aunt Donna’s Garlic & Chives Mashed Potatoes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 8–10 potatoes (Russet – or equivalent volume of red, leave skin on if possible!)
- 8 oz reduced free cream cheese or Greek cream cheese (I like to use Greek for twice the protein)
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 5 garlic cloves (or more, if desired!)
- Scrub, wash and boil the potatoes. Or slice them and cook in a pressure cooker for 10 minutes.
- Mash them along with all other ingredients, adding skim milk if needed to make creamier.
- Place all ingredients in a 2 qt. casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.