I am hosting two “Nutrition Q&A” Sessions this month and you are invited to join me!
- Thursday, May 7th at 2pm-3pm – REGISTER HERE!
- Thursday, May 21st at 8pm-9pm – REGISTER HERE!
I will cover some basics around nutrition and cancer for people in treatment, the key things that people need to know about nutrition after treatment and leave plenty of time to answer your questions!
I hope to see you there!
New Recipe to Try!
I asked my dietitian followers if they had any recipes they wanted to share with readers, and here’s one that came in from Sue Czap, RD, CSO. Sue is a Registered Dietitian and Board Certified Specialist in Oncology Nutrition for Pluta Integrative Oncology and Wellness Center at the University of Rochester/Wilmot Cancer Institute.
In this video, Sue highlights a recipe from Rebecca Katz, author of The Cancer Fighting Kitchen. Find the recipe here!
Sue also offers a variety of options for substitutions you can make based on what you have at home.
Anytime Bars, from Rebecca Katz!
You Will Need:
- 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 2 Tablespoons ground Flaxseeds
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Toasted Pecan Halves
- 1 Cup Toasted Walnuts
- 1/4 Cup Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Pitted Dates, Quartered
- 1 Cup Dried Apricots, Quartered
- 1 Egg
- 5 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Grated Orange Zest
- Blender or Food Processor
- 8” Baking Pan
Thanks, Sue, for sharing with us!