This recipe is very simple and a great balance for a snack or dessert! It is a blend of creamy and sweet that will meet all your sugar cravings. Here is the recipe below. Give it a try and let us know what you think!Print
Cashew Date Butter Recipe
Looking for a tasty spread that is creamy and sweet? This cashew date butter is a good balance of creaminess from the cashews and sweetness from the dates that can be adjusted to meet your sweet preference.
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 12 whole medjool dates
- 1 1/4 cup water, plus additional for soaking cashews
- Soak cashews for 5-8 hours (or overnight) in the refrigerator by placing cashews in a bowl and covering with water.
- When cashews are ready, drain off excess liquid.
- Boil 1 1/4 cup water (or heat ~ 2 minutes in microwave) to soak medjool dates.
- In a blender, combine drained cashews, medjool dates, and 1 cup of water that the dates soaked in. The warm water helps with the blending.
- Start by pulsing slowly and scrap sides as needed. To reach desired consistency, the reserved 1/4 cup of heated water can be added.
- Enjoy hot or cold with crackers, fruit (apple slices), veggie sticks (celery, carrots), or on ice cream or added to milkshakes/
- Store in airtight storage container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.