Angela teaches us how to make this awesome winter salad. So easy, just customize it however works for you. And use her amazing dressing recipe for any salad you want!
Let us know what you think!
Super Simple Winter Salad
Do what you need to and make this recipe your own!
- 10 ounces of mixed greens (Options: baby spinach, arugula, chopped Brussels sprouts, pre-mixed greens, romaine, kale, etc.)
- 1 apple, diced
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup pecans, chopped (dry toast for more flavor!)
- ¼ red onion, sliced into half moons
- ½ bunch parsley, finely choppedDRESSING
- 6 tablespoon vinegar (Options: White wine vinegar, red wine vinegar, champagne vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make dressing by placing all ingredients into a bowl and whisk until smooth (can also put into jar, put on lid and shake, shake, shake!).
- Place all salad ingredients into a large bowl, add pinch of salt and pepper. Toss with dressing and enjoy!
If you anticipate leftovers, place salad into individual bowls before dressing & add pinch of salt and pepper to individual salad bowl. Otherwise, the salt and dressing will make the left over greens very soggy.
-Julie & Angela