First off, I have to plug the Centered Chef Avocado Chocolate Pudding recipe again. We finally had the chance to make it ourselves and it was so good. We’ve made it twice now. Our toddler loves it, and we even got good reviews from an adult taste tester last night – our neighbor, Linda! I wish I had a picture of her eating it. Here’s a photo of our creation though!
Anyway, what I wanted to share today is just a few links of recipes and articles I’ve used recently. First the recipes!
- Eggplant Stew – I’m not a big eggplant fan, but it comes in my farm box, so I had to do something with it! I used this recipe and it turned out pretty well. I actually doubled it because I had so much eggplant. And at the time I had a vegan, gluten-free eater at my house. Served over rice saved the day!
- Raw Vegan Curried Cabbage Salad Recipe This was a new recipe I decided to try just for a different take on coleslaw. I used purple cabbage and it was really yummy. Plus, had some coconut in it.
- Perfect Iced Coffee – I usually make brewed coffee, but have been wanting to make some iced coffee. This recipe helps give you an idea of how to do it. It’s so simple and perfect for a summer pick me up!
And here are the hot topic articles I’ve read!
- Nutrients are better on a plate than in a bottle. I could not agree more!!
- The truth about gluten-free, paleo and other diet books.This is a good, quick overview of two current diet
trends. I’m trying to figure out what kind of diet book i can write that
comes up with an ‘all new’ take on eating more fruits and veggies, the
right amount of carbs, and healthy proteins. Oh… i guess that wouldn’t
make a book. That would be a pamphlet. Or a poster. Too bad i can’t
make millions on it. 😛
- Meat Eater? No Problem… just limit the red and processed.
- Wellness Tip: Are Bee Supplements Safe This is a good review of bee pollen supplements from Berkeley Wellness.
If you want to try local honey, that’s probably a lot safer, although I
don’t know of strong evidence that it helps with allergies. However,
local honey does taste good and supports your local economy. 🙂
- Eggs: Myths vs Facts. We love eggs in our household. 🙂
- The Latest Belly Buster… Busted! He’s at it again – Dr. Oz and his crazy talk. Learn why his touted supplement is NOT worth your money!
Also, a note of interest for survivors on some programs coming up. First, I am teaching one of my most popular seminars “Fighting Cancer With Your Fork”, at our office on Tuesday, September 24th at 5:30pm. Let me know if you’d like to come. We usually have a small group of 10-15 people, so you have plenty of time to get all your questions answered! Feel free to bring a friend, this program is not limited to just people who have faced a cancer diagnosis.
Hope to see you soon. 🙂